As part of my rest, I did some makeup jobs and my kid sis also 'begged' me to shape her eyebrows (yes I laid emphasis on "beg" cos she doesn't like begging...lol)....and from shapening her brows I decided to just give her a complete makeover (perks of being the sister to a Makeup Artist...lol).
Although she slept almost throughout the time, the final look was beyond Ah-May-Zing!!!! and as a result I did this tutorial based on demand :D
Let the pictures speak for themselves :) (see pictures and products used after the cut).
Finished look!!!! <3....I'm sure you are thinking "bright pink" on "dark skin"...Yes it can work :D
Side view :)
Step by Step detailed application of the look
- Using a spoolie/brow brush, I brushed all the hair on her brows upward, then I used a makeup scissors to trim off all the hairs that were outside her natural brow shape.
- then, I brushed all the hairs downward and repeated the process above
- Her brows were really bushy, so I tried to locate her brow bone and using a new razor (I used tiger razor), I removed all of the hair on the brow bone...giving me a good arc to start with
- Then I gradually shaped out the remaining part of her brows following her natural brow shape.
Ps: I kinda reduced the fullness of her brows a little but please note that when you're working on clients, reducing the fullness of their brows should completely be at their discretion.
- I used jordana pencil in "dark brown" to outline the upper and lower part of her brows and I used jordana retractable pencil in "brown suede" to fill in the brows.
- Using a spoolie, I brushed everything into shape.
- I defined her brows with graftobian hd creme foundation in "Pecan" for the under of her brows and "Sienna" for the upper part of her brows using the elf concealer brush (comes with the 11 pcs elf brush set).
- I used "shadow shields" in this application because I was going to be dealing with a lot of glitter which I didn't want to fall all over her face.
- Then i primed her eyes with nyx jumbo pencil in "milk" which also served as the eyeshadow base.
- As shown in the picture above, using my urban decay eyeshadow brush, I applied the bright pink eyeshadow from my bhcosmetics day and night palette all over the lid and to the inner corner.
- then I used the matte black colour in the same palette to create a bold and dramatic outer-V.
- Using a clean flat shadow brush, I applied medusa makeup glitter in "material girl" by dabbing on the glitter little by little all over the lid.
- Using a precision brush, I applied medusa makeup glitter in "star struck" to the inner corners of her eyes.
(This particular glitter is a voilet iridescence glitter, it kinda reflects the colour of the shadow and adds a nice voilet effect...I honestly don't know how to explain...lol...but the glitter is whitish in colour, I will probably just swatch all the medusa makeup glitters I have soon).
I found the above picture of the star struck glitter online...not soo clear but it will give you an idea pending the time I swatch them.
I'm actually giving this explanation on the glitter because I applied some of the pink colour to the inner corners of her eyes and when I applied this glitter on top, I expected it to be white/silver and shimmery but alas, it gave a purplish very gorge shimmery look as shown below.
Although I have applied this same glitter on top of a nude eyeshadow before and it just reflected the nude and gave the eyelook a gorgeous soft shimmer.
Ok enough on this glitter...lol....but they would soon be available for sale, so watch this space...hehe!!
- In her crease, I used the bdellium tools blending brush "776" to apply a soft brown eyeshadow from my coastal scents 42 stack palette. I also blended out the eyeshadows
- then I applied a mixture of the beige colour as seen in the bhcosmetics palette picture above and MAC's rice paper to her brow bone.
- I lined her lid with BmPro pen liner
- I applied maybelline colossal Kajal to her water line and I smudged it with a teal eyeshadow (I really can't remember the palette I got the teal eyeshadow from x_x)
- I used red cherry lashes "523" that I purchased from yanga beauty website as her false lashes applied with duo lash glue.
- I primed her face with MAC matte which is a silicon based primed and I applied this with my fingers.
- Using the elf powder brush (it has a flat top and comes with the 11 pcs brush set), I applied a mixture of Revlon colorstay cappuccino and graftobian hd creme foundation in "Hazelnut" to the centre of her face (the lighter regions) and just the graftobian hd creme foundation in "Hazelnut" to the outer parts of her face (the darker regions).
- Then I used sigma foundation brush "F40" to apply graftobian hd creme foundation in "Pecan" as highlight under her eyes, chin, bridge of her nose and forehead. (The foundation is 2 shades lighter than her skin tone)
- Then I used a small flat brush to apply a mixture of graftobian hd creme foundation in "Hidden Magic" and "Nightfall" as contour under her cheek bones, sides of her nose, temples, hairline and jawline (the brush came with my coastal scents eyeshadow but is useless as an eyeshadow brush). The contour colour mix is one/two shades darker than her skin tone...this may vary according to skin colour or preference.
- I blended out the highlight and contour with a beauty blender sponge starting from the lighter areas.
- I set the highlight with a mixture of Ben Nye "neutral set" luxury powder and Ben Nye translucent powder in "Sienna" and I set her contour with the Sleek contour kit in "dark".
- I let the highlight and contour sit for about 3 mins then I blended it out with my elf complexion brush.
- I used my elf blush brush to apply the first pink colour from the Sleek by 3 blush palette in "Pink Sprint" just on the cheek bone sweeping it upward to her hairline.
- I used the same blush brush to add MAC's mineral skinfinish in dark under her eyes for additional highlight and I used bdellium tools brush 785 to apply the same to the bridge of her nose also for extra highlight. Then, I also used the elf's eyeshadow 'C' brush to add additional contour to the sides of her nose and the elf blush brush to add additional contour to under her cheek bone.
PS: you can tell from my method of makeup application that I improvise a lot, using creme foundations as concealers, different brushes for various functions etc, it's just to tell you that there are no specific rules in makeup (which is contrary to what most MUAs preach), makeup is art, so express yourself in whatever way you can :)
- I lined her lips with House of Tara (HOT) lip liner "Takuere" and applied HOT's lipstick in Katangora.
- I cleaned up the excess lipstick with foundation to create nice defined pink lips.
That's all everyone, if you would love to recreate this look, you don't have to look for the exact products I used, just find alternatives that are available to you and Improvise! Improvise!! Improvise!!!.....
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and I hope you found this post interesting. Most of the products used would soon be available for sale, so watch this space :).
Have a lovely week and stay blessed.
Facebook: Eeda's Atelier
Bbm Pin: 7BFF8776
You can get across to me via any of these accounts for bookings and enquiries :*